I am the mother of 2 girls, ages 12 & 15. When it comes to cooking a meal or two, you could say I’ve been around the block.
Let’s say, figuring I feed my children on average (haha) 3 times per day, after 12 years of life that would mean that I have planned approximately
13, 140 meals. Time to engrave my trophy!
Most likely, there is not a trophy in my future. Serving children their meals is what one might call a… thankless task.
One might also use the above math to learn a valuable parenting lesson. We have many opportunities to teach our children healthy eating habits and good cooking skills.
“Chop, Chop,” as my Mom would say. Cheers.
Before I was a mother, for me, cooking consisted of driving to the restaurant. Having children changes you in soo many ways.
One major life change for me was learning to eat healthy. I now make a conscious effort to have the majority of the food eaten by my children coming out of my kitchen prepared fresh by me. I do not “warm up” food. And my kids will tell you I am appalled at the idea of speeding up molecules to cook food and refuse to use the microwave.
Some of my kids favorite meals include:
- Pastry Chicken Bundles w/ walnuts, sage & thyme
- Caesar Salad w/ tomatoes
- Fire Roasted Veggie Skewers
- Pot Pies of all Varieties, veggie, chicken, beef
- Avacado Sandwich w/ tomato or a pinch of sea salt
- Omelets w/ spinach, mushroom, ham and cheese
- Fish Soft Tacos w/ mango salsa
- Salad w/ strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, orange slice & juice, banana, lavender honey
- Sautéed Green Beans w/ shallots, butter, lardons, garlic
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Steamed Artichokes w/ spicy aoila or butter sauce
- Calrose Rice w/ pinch of sea salt, sauteed mushrooms & onions
- Cobb Salad w/ the works
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Roast Potatoes w/ onion, garlic, baby bella mushrooms
- Santa Maria Marinated Tri-Tip
- Margherita Pizza
- Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta
- Brusell Sprouts w/ broth, shallots & lardons
- Heirloom Tomatoes w/ feta, basil, lemon juice, EVOO, balsamic glaze
- Red Wine & Mushroom Slow Cooked Pot Roast
- Lemon Chicken
- Roasted Asparagus with balsamic glaze, lemon juice & parmesan
- Panko Chicken Kiev
- OMG Hamburgers