We all love to drink it. But how many of us actually understand the process behind it.
Visiting a wine tasting room can be a great way to find yourself closer to a winemaker and to get the information needed to make a fantastic glass of juice. I visit quite a few wineries and know that keeping the questions relevant is important to show respect to the winery itself.
Winery owners, winemakers and staff all go through a lot of trouble to bring guests a “wine country experience”. Sign me up.
Don’t find yourself tongue tied when your favorite winemaker happens over. Below you will find a list of great ways to break the ice with any winemakers that you may come across…
Raising a glass… Cheers!
1. How did you get started in the wine business?
2. What is your winemaking style?
3. How do you KNOW when you have a particularly good vintage?
4. What is one of your favorite varietals to work with and why?
5. In the world of wine, who do you most admire and why? Who influenced you?
6. Where did you go to school?
7. Any wine making tips for those just getting into winemaking or those interested in studying wine?
8. Do you have a favorite wine or vintage that you have made?
9. What is one of the hardest things about winemaking year in and year out?
10. What is one of the most rewarding things about your job?