Cleaning your wine glasses properly is a must.
Water spots can leave permanent blemishes and red wine left overnight leaves a stain. Cleaning wine glasses is easy. It simply takes know how and a good rinse to leave them sparkling. Chin Chin…
Crystal-ware is a porous material so it will absorb things easily.
When winding down an evening, if you do not want to wash glasses, remember to rinse them quickly and add water so any wine left cannot evaporate. When the wine evaporates, it will leave stains. Another reason why proper cleaning is important, staining.
Due to the porous nature of the glass, you should use fragrance free soaps or detergents. When cleaning the inside of a large bowl wine glass, use a stemware brush with soft-foam bristles instead of a sponge.
Crystal glasses are also known to develop a whitish film. To remove it, just soak them in weak vinegar / water solution for an hour.
How To Properly Clean a Wine Glass
- Using a sponge and warm soapy water, Clean the wine glass by hand.
- When scrubbing, focus on the rim of the glass and on the bell for handprints.
- Sterilize and rinse the glass in mixture of 1 Tbsp Bleach / 1 Gallon of water.
- Dry with an absorbent lint free towel. (Flour Sack Towels are best)
- Polish to remove any fingerprints or spots from your wine glass.
Can you put your wine glasses in the dishwasher many people ask me?
Yes you can with gentle settings but I DO NOT recommend it. You plan to drink wine long term…For best long-term results, wash your glasses by hand. If you do insist on using a dishwasher, skip the heat cycle.
Hope you appreciate the information and tips and Happy Sipping everyone…
Clink Clink CHEERS