A wine bottle can be good… or it can be… GREAT. Choices, choices.
Even the most seasoned wine consumers know that the wine aisle in a large store can be daunting. With so many choices, shopping for wine can be overwhelming and oftentimes, one leaves the store feeling like they could have chosen more wisely.
Can we get ‘Better’ at shopping for wine?
Of course, with practice, one usually becomes better at the task at hand. Time to get shopping and polish those wine glasses. That wine isn’t going to drink itself.
Ready to improve your game? The following questions will help to determine which bottle it is that you seek. Shop for your next wine acquisition wisely.
A little education can go a long way.
Questions To Ask Yourself While Shopping For Wine
- What varietals do you drink/like the most?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
- Where are your favorite wine growing regions?
- Have you recently heard about any new labels to look for?
- Are there any discounts/specials in store? Is there any savings for buying in bulk?
- Do you have a favorite producer?
- Is this a good price or the BEST price for that bottle? Have you looked up the average price online?
- Are you planning for a special event or just browsing for your at home collection?
- If you are looking for a bottle to go with a meal, what wines will compliment best the flavors of the dish?
Tips To Remember When Buying Wine
Learn How To Read A Label
Have Proper Storage Ready At Home For Your Purchase
Ask For Help When Pros Are Available
Plan Ahead By Asking Yourself The Above Questions
Download A Wine App Like Vivino or Delectable
Discover What Wine Varietals You Like Best By Tasting
Timing Is Important for Things Like Discounts/ New Releases
Variety Is Fun. Mix It Up, Buy Favorites + Unfamiliar Labels